| WalkJogRun helps you find the safest routes to run, exercise without injury and stay motivated, whether you need a change of scenery or are on vacation and unfamiliar with your surroundings. WalkJogRun has the most accurate iPhone GPS and more than 1.6 million running routes available worldwide, or you can create your own. It?s the perfect companion to use when working out! |
* "WalkJogRun helped me discover a new route in my neighborhood that had me sightseeing (and dodging crowds) along Broadway. It also brought me back to another route I haven?t run in years." Lauren Goode, "Three Running Apps to Shake Up Your Routine" AllThingsD.com
* "If you're an experienced runner or just someone who likes to blaze new trails, WalkJogRun Routes is money well spent." Rick Broida, "Four Killer iPhone Apps for Runners" CNET's iPhone Atlas
* "Finding a time to fit in fitness when you're traveling isn?t always easy, but this app makes it a little less complicated." Melanie Nayer's "Must have iPhone Travel Apps" for Cheapflights.com
RUNNING ROUTES -AVAILABLE AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON
* Find exercise routes near you based on your geo-location and see them on a map.
* Zoom in and out of routes to get a closer look.
* See how many calories you'll burn by entering your weight.
* Set your pace to see the total time for each route.
* Share routes with friends by email, Facebook or Twitter
* We spent several months testing real-time GPS route tracking because we didn't want to create "just another iPhone GPS app" that suffered from a lack of accuracy. Other apps in the market over-exaggerate your mileage by as much as 10% or one mile for every ten miles you run. That?s not acceptable! WalkJogRun can track your distance to within 1% of the actual distance if you start with a strong GPS signal and the Wi-Fi turned off.
* More than 1.6 million routes to help you find your way while the GPS is running so you can follow a route and see the mile/km markers as you go.
* Customizable lap distances to let you control the pace alerts delivered either with a voice cue over headphones or with a lock screen notification without headphones.
* Tap the lap button while you run to create your own shorter laps if required.
* Many of our iPad owners wanted to abandon a desktop computer altogether, so we've added our best of breed route mapping tools to the app to set them free. Tap and hold your finger on the route drawing tool to drop a pin and repeat.
* Choose your preferred map setting for route creation and tracking: Apple Maps, bike, street, terrain or satellite or Open Street Maps. WalkJogRun is currently the only GPS fitness tracking application on iOS that allows users to choose a map other than Apple Maps.
* Convenient tools like "out and back", "reverse route" and adding turns between two existing points make it easy to quickly plan out a new course and then send it to the GPS to follow the route.
* As you tap and drag your finger, a "loupe" pinpoints the exact cross-streets to help you fine tune the course.
* Need privacy? Routes can be saved as private so they are only available to you when you're logged in.
TRAINING PLANS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
* 23 FREE training plans created by Coach Jenny Hadfield from Runners World
* A plan for everyone! From beginners to advanced walkers and runners.
* Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced training plans
* 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans
* Walk, Walk+Run, Run+Walk, Run plans
* An absolute beginner plan "Run your first 5k" for those of you just starting out.
* Visual alerts with a training goal for the day to help you stay on track.
WHO SHOULD GET THIS APP
* Anyone looking to get healthier!
* Walkers, Joggers, Runners, Cyclists - anyone looking to find new routes in their area or track their training.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Click to Enlarge
|Publisher: || Almost Awesome Inc. | More by Almost Awesome Inc. | Visit Home Page |
|Downloads: || so far this month, 0 last month, 5 total |
|License: || Shareware $ 1.99 |
|Last updated: ||More than a year ago (22 Oct 13) |
|Install support: || Install and Uninstall |
|Watch for updates: ||
| Tell a friend... | Add to My CD | What's on My CD Ask a question about WalkJogRun GPS Running Routes |