You've protected your PC - Now protect your own health!
Stress Buster is ergonomic software for RSI Prevention, or break reminder
software. It helps to reduce the risk of Repetitive
Strain Injury (RSI) and other computer related health problems and injuries such as carpel tunnel syndrome, tenosynovitis
and tendinitis - often referred to collectively as "upper limb disorders". It can also aid in the recovery from such conditions. It runs quietly in the background, monitoring your computer activity and reminding you to take regular breaks.
Stress Buster is easy to install and requires very little setting up
yet is extremely effective. As Stress Buster reminds you to take your breaks,
you will be surprised at how fast the time goes and how much work you are
You can download and try Stress Buster for free for 60 days.
- Three levels of breaks: Short Pause, Short Break and Long Break
- Tailor the break timings to suit your own preferences and working environment
- Each user can maintain their own personal settings
- Monitors your activity and only advises breaks when they are necessary
- Keeps you informed of your computer usage
- Progress indicator shows break time remaining
- Does not store computer activity statistics. Cannot be used to "spy" on your work.
- Snooze or ignore breaks
- Disable the ability to snooze and ignore breaks
- Optionally lock the computer to enforce breaks
- Assign your own sounds to break reminders
- Can be set to run automatically each time you log on to Windows
- Comprehensive help
"Use of a keyboard or mouse may lead to serious
injuries or disorders" - you will very likely find a warning like this
printed somewhere on your keyboard or in the documentation supplied with your
The most effective way to reduce the risk of contracting Repetitive Strain
Injury (RSI) is to pace your computer activity and take regular breaks. Stress
Buster is RSI Prevention Software that can help you do this, and can also aid in
the recovery from such conditions.
A recent European survey found that 17% of workers suffered from muscular pains in their arms and legs - this represents about 25 million people! The British Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has found that over half a million workers in the UK suffer from some sort of neck or upper limb disorder. Furthermore, these statistics are considered to be significant underestimates:
- In the UK, 5.4 million working days were lost in sick leave due to RSI in 20011
- 6 people in the UK leave their job every day due to an RSI condition1
- The annual cost to UK industry is estimated to be between £5 billion and £20 billion2
Would you wander around a building site without wearing a hard hat? Would you drive a car without wearing a seat belt? Do you think you should be using your computer without ergonomic RSI prevention software? Employers - are you doing everything you can to protect the health - and productivity - of your workforce
Don't become one of these statistics! Download Stress Buster now!
Version 1.2.0 available now
EMPLOYERS: Make Stress Buster an integral part of your standard desktop!
Contact us for details of site licences.
You can find out more about Stress Buster, and see screenshots, at the ThreadBuilder web site. Click on the ThreadBuilder logo below:
You can also view the application help file in your browser. Click on the icon below:
- British Trades Union Congress (TUC) press release 21st February 2002
- Repetitive Strain Injury Association fact sheet: Facts and Figures.